Updated: March 31, 2021
Who and what is covered?
Our products come with a limited warranty against defects in material or workmanship. The limited warranty applies within the U.S. to the original purchase of a Neighbor product from Neighbor or an authorized reseller. “Defect in workmanship and materials” means an irregularity that renders the product unsound, malfunctioning, or otherwise unsuitable for its intended household use under ordinary conditions. Specifically:
- Cushions and covers are warranted for five (5) years from delivery against loss of functionality due to seam failures under ordinary household use and outdoor conditions. Cushion and cover Sunbrella® fabric is further warranted against becoming unserviceable due to loss of color, loss of strength, abrasion, or pilling, from normal usage and ordinary (not extreme) exposure conditions, including sunlight, mildew, and atmospheric chemicals when used for appropriate applications.
- Cushion foam inserts are warranted for five (5) years from delivery against:
- visible indentation or sag greater than three-quarters of an inch (3/4") in the foam material/ fiber below the cover level, that is visible when no weight is applied;
- any edge of the insert measuring greater than 3/4" out of dimensional specifications; and
- splitting/cracking under ordinary household use and proper handling.
- Teak and other components (such as durasling seating base, accent and seat-based cording, joinery and other components) are warranted for three (3) years from delivery against physical or structural failure, damage or deterioration that renders them unsuitable for intended use.
- Neighbor’s liability is limited to this limited warranty. Neighbor reserves the right to require proof of purchase or other reasonable cooperation, and to inspect any product submitted for claim. Post-purchase product modifications and commercial use invalidate the limited warranty.
What will Neighbor do under the limited warranty?
We will repair or replace a product or product part that is defective in material or workmanship. We may elect to repair or replace a part rather than the entire product, and reserve discretion over that election. All warranty replacements will be the model, version, color, or style of the product, part or component available at the time of replacement, which may differ in some respects from the original. Any warranty repair or replacement will neither extend the warranty period, nor commence a new one. One warranty claim limit per promotional product.
What isn’t covered by the limited warranty?
Excluded from the limited warranty are claims arising from:
- ordinary wear and tear, including: normal use impressions under 3/4” in the cushion foam (some settling is expected and not a “defect”); changes in surface appearance and color due to routine weathering, aging, and ordinary exposure to light or the elements; and normal increase in softness of the foam & polyester fiber;
- exposure to extreme climate/weather/environmental conditions, standing water or other excessive moisture, prolonged exposure to moisture or direct sunlight, or exposure to flame or excessive heat;
- exposure to harmful substances, including cleaners, lotions, pesticides and stains, as well as damage, marking, or staining of veneer or painted surfaces due to contact with rubber or similar compounds;
- the colorfastness or the matching of colors of textiles, including an exact match to cuttings or to swatch;
- improper maintenance or storage (please see our Care & Maintenance page or contact us with questions);
- infestation or mold;
- mis-assembly, accident (human or animal), misuse or abuse, including but not limited to damage from sharp objects or imprinting from writing instruments;
- minor cosmetic imperfections that do not prevent ordinary household use/enjoyment of the product, including natural color/grain/texture variations, character marks, and checking (small cracks invariably caused by the elements) in natural wood;
- individual allergies, sensitivities, comfort preferences and conditions, and naturally occurring aromas;
- costs associated with covered warranty claims, such as labor/installation and shipping, except if/as noted.